- 1 x 2cm thick slice sourdough bread
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp grated mature hard cheese
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
How to make it
- Tear a circle of bread from the centre of the slice about the size of a fried egg and reserve.
- Brush both sides of the bread with a little oil and fry 1 side for 2 minutes in a non-stick frying pan, turn the bread over and crack the egg into the hole in the middle, cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking tray and sprinkle with cheese, place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minute until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the circle of bread and parsley in a small food processor to make crumbs, heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan and fry crumbs for 1-2 minutes until golden, serve sprinkled over the toasty eggs.
using any rustic bread or a wholegrain loaf. Try using other types of grated
hard cheese for a difference.